About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Monday, May 9, 2011

One Focus is a Choice

A blog, short for a web log, gives personal reflections intended to be shared with internet users.  Wow, how things have changed in the last few years.  There is no longer the need for hand written letters in order to communicate with friends and family (although I still love writing and receiving hand written notes in the old fashioned snail mail).  Technology is moving faster "than a speeding bullet,"  and sometimes I think only Supermen (or women) could possibly keep up with the changes; however, if you want to communicate with anyone, you must attempt to keep up with changes on the internet.

It is so easy for life to get in the way of Life.  So many things can occupy our time and thinking that we are tempted to have no focus at all.  We just flit from circumstance to circumstance, or thought to thought  or day to day, never really being grounded in the reality of the Truth.

One Focus - the only way I can handle all the changes going on in this world is to keep my feet firmly planted on the one foundation that I know is unshakeable and never changes.  The love of God is expressed through the person of Jesus Christ, His Son.  That Truth is my reality and I hope and pray that it is yours.

The book, devotionals, and Bible studies on my website, www.onefocusministries.com, attempt to provide resources to help me and others keep our eyes focused on the One who can help us navigate the joys, trials, questions and changes of life.  This blog is designed for a more current reflection of how I see God working.

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in You (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment