About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

South Africa Women's Conference

One of my speaking engagements in South Africa was a women's conference in Cape Town.  The other conference leaders quickly became new friends.  The theme chosen by Sandra Johnson was "Sister, the Master is Asking for You."  Lizz Rickert began with a beautiful song, "I look to You, Lord."

Sandra, the first speaker, had taken the theme from the passage in John 11:20-30. After Lazarus had died, and Jesus arrived, Martha ran out to meet him, then came back for Mary, stating "Sister, the Master is Asking for You."  Sandra emphasized that when Jesus calls for us, it is part of a family affair.

Laticia Sives, a local pastor's wife, then spoke of the passage in Matthew where Mary had anointed Jesus with perfume.  Are we doing that today?

Luann Rickert reminded us all that we need each other and we all have a gift.  Her scripture came from 1 Corinthians 12:1-11. The Master is calling all of us to service.

Caroline Schiesl, a friend of many years, spoke next about how Mary and Martha were so different but God looks on the heart.  She asked pointed questions: "Is Jesus really Master? Do you have a willing heart?"

I closed with a look at different women of the Bible that had been sought out by God: Eve, Hagar, Sarah, Ruth, Hannah and Mary, the mother of Jesus.  

It was a blessing for me to be a part of that conference and meet Christian women serving in South Africa.  Many of them made sacrifices to be part of the conference. As has been the case in every country, I have come away enriched by the examples and dedication of the people I met.

I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world (Romans 1:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment