About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Logistics and Progress in Poland

Logistics in Poland is very well thought out. On a recent road trip from Lwówek Śląski (a small town close to Germany on Poland's western border) to Warsaw, Poland, I passed through the center of Poland and saw a landscape filled with warehouses - distribution centers for many retail stores. 

Central Poland is home to millions of meters of warehouse space. Major cities in Poland will soon add even more warehouses as their economy continues to improve. 

According to an August 2012 issue of The Warsaw Voice, by 2020 Poland will become the main logistics center in Europe. Colliers International, a real estate services company who conducted the research, expects distribution centers to grow the fastest in Gdańsk/Gdynia, Łódź, Katowice and Wrocław. Twice as much warehouse space was constructed in the first half of 2012 as the year before with the largest amount of new space built in the vicinity of Warsaw. The midwestern city of Poznań, central Poland and Upper Silesia also gained a significant amount of warehouse space. 


I have been to most of the cities mentioned in the article I read. I love Poland and the Polish people. Some of my best friends live there. 

It wasn't too long ago that shelves were empty and goods were difficult to obtain in this country. I am thrilled to see progress come to Poland. To me, these warehouses do not mar the beautiful countryside as they are strategically placed simply to make it easier to deliver goods throughout the country. 

As a Christian, I know where everything I need is located. Every material, physical or spiritual need that I have comes from one source. 

Every good and perfect gift is from above...(James 1:17). Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'... for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you (Matthew 6:31-33).

No comments:

Post a Comment