About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Monday, July 4, 2011

America Bless God

Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! 
Bless the Lord O my soul, and forget not all His benefits (Psalm 103:1-2).

This year, as we celebrate Independence Day
There are some things we need to recall
How God has blessed us each step of the way
Without Him, we would have no blessings at all

What our ancestors acknowledged as true
We must remember this day and every day
It should be the same, even more now, for me and you
As there are those who would argue, the meaning is falling away

“All men are created equal and endowed by their Creator
 with inalienable rights,” states the Declaration of Independence.
Those men who unanimously penned this document, included later
Their “firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence.”

“The Star-Spangled Banner,” the anthem of our land
Praises the God who has blessed us
With His power and His hand
As the One in whom we should trust.

Read these words written by Francis Scott Key
In 1814, nearly two hundred years ago
As I read them today, I could plainly see
How he recognized that God had blessed us so

“Blest with vict’ry and peace, may the Heav’n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: “In God is our trust;”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.”

In 1918 Irving Berlin wrote another patriotic verse
“God bless America, the land that we love"
In the form of a prayer, he acknowledged God first
And asked for this nation His blessings from above

“In God We Trust” was placed on the two-cent coin in 1864
Followed by the nickel, quarter, half dollar and the one
Finally all coins contained this motto, and more
For currency was also included, now it is on every single one

Over the years, God’s activity has been acknowledged
As our leaders continued to recognize His hand.
For Eisenhower, in 1954, included in the national pledge
“One nation under God” as Communism threatened our land.

It is not Communism today, but America is definitely under attack
Not from terrorists alone but also from some of our very own
There are those who want to rewrite history, turn the clock back
And say that what our ancestors said, they did not mean

The only hope that the blessings America has experienced will last
Is, like our ancestors, we recognize His hand on this land we trod
He does not need us - we need Him and His blessings of the past
God has blessed America.  America should acknowledge and bless God.

If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment