About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Safe Room


I live in an area of the United States of America that encounters tornado activity. Some years are worse than others, but every time a tornado comes through or near where I live, I am more and more convinced that it would be a good idea to have a "safe room" - one that would not be blown away by the ravaging winds of a tornado.

When the news media covers the storms and resulting devastation, the reporters show or tell how residents made it through the storm. The house may be leveled, but if the family rides out the storm in a storm cellar or a safe room, they survive with no injuries. Reporters relate story after story of people who heard the effects of the storm while in the safe room. Often the residents walk out of the safe room into what used to be their home with a sense of amazement that they made it through unscathed.

Companies that manufacture preformed safe rooms are busiest during this time of year. Those who did not have a safe room realize the value of one and place orders.

Life is full of storms. Many of them are as unexpected as tornadoes can be. They pop up when you least expect them. Often we are unprepared for the illness, job loss, family crisis or death that comes our way.

Christians have a permanent safe room. We should abide there not just in the storms of life, but every day. Even when things are going well, we need and have the loving presence and protection of our heavenly Father.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge. His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday (Psalm 91:1-6).





No comments:

Post a Comment