About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Little Children Love Jesus


This year I was the missionary speaker at Vacation Bible School at my home church. What a delight it was to watch the children listen with rapt attention as I talked about serving Jesus around the world.

The first thing I told them was, “Jesus loves you and He has a plan for your life. Do you know that Jesus loves you?” Practically every head nodded yes. I believe they do know that Jesus loves them and in return, they love Him back.

Jesus, of course, understands this about little ones. In His time on earth, His delight was in the children who came readily to Him. The picture that comes to our minds when we think of Jesus and children is one of peaceful abandon. The children ran to Him, sat in His lap, listened to Him speak and soaked it all in. They had nothing better to do than enjoy time with the One who loves them the most. There is no other situation in the life of Jesus where the circumstance is more joyful. Unlike the adults who questioned Him, doubted Him, tested Him, persecuted Him and eventually killed Him, in their sweet innocence, the little children felt His love, accepted it and returned it.

Unless they are mistreated or neglected, children naturally trust those in charge. The adults in their lives make them feel safe and secure. It is later in life that people discover that not everyone is trustworthy. Unfortunately, they are taught not to trust some people by their actions. Jesus, however, is totally trustworthy. He will never disappoint you, nor fail you. His love is everlasting and pure.

If we could only stay like little children in our love for Jesus, we would avoid becoming calloused, doubtful and fearful. Resting in His love, trusting His guidance and staying close to Him, just like the little children, makes all the difference in our perspective on life. What joy being in His presence brings.  Little children love Jesus. So should we.

Then they brought little children to HIm, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them. But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will be no means enter it" (Mark 10:13-15).

No comments:

Post a Comment