About Me

My photo
As I speak internationally to English speakers as well as through an interpreter, some of my greatest joys have been speaking to groups where participation from the audience is possible. Not only do I value the input of those in my conferences, but if they are actively involved (share testimonies, participate in prayer, read Scripture aloud), it is obvious that everyone is with me. I am interested in theological study, Christian writing, historical application of Biblical principles as well as writing as a craft and the current status of the publishing industry as a whole. As a result, I find myself following blogs of those whom I have learned to trust who contribute information in those fields. It occurred to me that blogs are the internet equivalent of audience participation in a conference setting. So, this blog is a result of that discovery. As much as possible (sometimes when I travel I do not have internet access), I will be making weekly posts of how everyday life is related to what God has revealed about Himself in His Word - maintaining one focus on that most important relationship. I would welcome your participation.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Diagnosing Connection Problems


I travel a lot. In order to keep working while on the road, access to the internet is a necessity. Thankfully, most places it is no problem. However, there are times when a connection is very difficult. There are even occasions when the network diagnostic assures me my internet connection appears to be working properly but my email does not load nor can I access any website. The message that appears while attempting to view a website states that I am not connected to the internet and network diagnostics can help solve my connection problems. I feel like I am going in circles. 

One thing I know about this problem is that I need help solving it. Usually the issue is not resolved until I ask for aid (usually from my husband). When I am unable to connect to a network because (as the network diagnostic indicates) I have entered an incorrect password or network name, chosen the wrong type of wireless security or am out of range of the base station, I need help in deciding how to correct the problem.

It is somewhat frustrating to be intelligently handicapped in this way since all of my work is done on my laptop. I would prefer to figure things out on my own and not have to disturb my husband, but I am seldom able to do so. I need his help. He understands the network diagnostic language.

There are times when Christians develop a problem communicating with the heavenly Father. Often, the problem is not apparent to others. Appearances may make it seem as if the connection has never been broken and everything is working properly, but there is an adjustment that needs to be made so that communication is unhindered.

When that happens, we need help in restoring our connection. The problem is never on God’s side. It is always on our side and our lack of paying attention to the issues that are so critical in keeping the communication flowing. We need the Holy Spirit’s help in diagnosing the problem.

Sometimes we are unable to connect because we are not using the proper name. God knows our thoughts and our hearts, but in order to reach Him, we must come through Jesus. Jesus told His disciples to come to the Father in His name. That has not changed.

Sometimes we are unable to connect because we are looking in the wrong place for security. Prayer is not simply meditation as the world defines it. Emptying our minds in meditation opens the door for Satan to fill our minds with his agenda. Prayer is always God focused -  through Jesus.

Sometimes we get out of range of the base station (God’s presence) by allowing sin to take control. When that happens, we are the ones who have moved out of range. 

Most of us resist asking for help. We want to control our own lives, not submit to God’s direction. In every case, however, that compounds the problem and delays open channels of communication. We need His help. He is readily available to diagnose any communication problems and leads us through steps to correct them.

And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water (Hebrews 10:19-22 NLT).



No comments:

Post a Comment